Best Hunting Tents - Reviewed and Tested
<!–googleoff: index–>As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.<!–googleon: index–>
We all have desires of our own or things that we would wish to achieve at a certain point in our lives. While some people dream is to climb the tallest mountain in the world other people love hunting as a sport.
- Top 3 Hunting Tents in 2018 - Our Picks
- Browning Camping Big Horn Family Review - Best Family Hunting Tent
- Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 6-Person Canvas Tent Review - Great Family Tent
- Geertop Backpacking Tent For Camping Hiking Travel Climbing Review - Best Portable Tent
- Kodiak Canvas Truck Bed Tent Review - Best Truck Tent
- Dream House Outdoor All Season Heavy Duty Shade Pinnacle Tent Review
- Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 4-Person Canvas Tent, Deluxe Review
- Kodiak Canvas 1-Person Canvas Swag Tent with Sleeping Pad Review - Best One Person Tent
- Danchel 4-Season Family Cotton Bell Review
- Guide Gear Teepee Tent 10x10 Review - Best Budget Tent
- Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person Tent Review - Best Family Camping Tent
- Hunting Tent Comparison Chart
- Hunting Tent Buying Guide
Even with the level of compassion individuals might have for hunting, without the right equipment to use during the hunting session, such an activity can be quite stressful.
Fortunately, this article provides you with suggestions about a variety of quality hunting tents that buyers can choose from, as well as their advantages and disadvantages to help you make better choices when making a purchase for the best hunting tent.
Top 3 Hunting Tents in 2018 - Our Picks
Maybe you don't have the time to read all our reviews or you simply are in a hurry. Well we got you covered here.
Below you can find three of the best hunting tents available on the market today. Go hunting...
- Browning Camping Big Horn Family
- Pole Material: Fiberglass
- Weight: 34.75 pounds
- Brand: Browning Camping
- Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person
- Pole Material: Steel
- Weight: 84.65 pounds
- Brand: Kodiak Canvas
- Geertop Backpacking Tent
- Pole Material: Aluminium
- Weight: 5.71 pounds
- Brand: Geertop
Browning Camping Big Horn Family Review - Best Family Hunting Tent
Even in extreme climatic conditions, The Big Horn is one of the most exceptional tents that one would ever wish for.
This tent has all the features an individual would require to survive through extreme severe environmental conditions wherever one would wish to go hunting.
It is designed in such a manner that it can protect its user(s) from any type of weather individuals’ encounter when they are out camping.
Further, there is a wall divided developed as part of the tent that allows users to create two rooms as individuals see fit.
The tent has a 150D oxford floor that plays the important part of increasing the resilience of the tent. The tent is comprised of fiberglass poles that create three supporting columns to keep the tent in an upright position. In addition, the tent has two large doors that allow for easy entry into any room that a person wishes to move into.
The Polyester fly buckles provide for extra strength and adjustability for the tent thus protecting individuals from the adverse effects of extreme climatic conditions. The ridges on the floor and fly are sealed to provide users with the best kind of protection against extreme climatic conditions.
If any person is in need of an amazing tent that would serve his or her needs, The Big Horn tent should be the choice of any objective minded individual. This tent allows users to camp in areas characterized by hail, severe rain, hot temperatures, high winds as well as cold climatic conditions.
Although this tent may sustain through extreme climatic conditions there are times when leakages occurred within the tent more so when it hails for a prolonged duration.
The good news is that is such cases, the company would quickly bring you a replacement for the worn out tent at no charge because it is rare for such scenarios to occur.
Other than the tent, warranty service agents, as well as the customer service agents, are exceptional individuals to work with. These individuals would not hesitate to amend any problems experienced by their clients. Some reviewers say the tent does not handle extreme or heavy rain well.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Easy to assemble
- Few storage pockets
- Thin floor
- Not all weather
This tent has Polyester fly buckles that provide for extra strength and adjustability for the tent thus protecting individuals from the adverse effects of extreme climatic conditions.
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 6-Person Canvas Tent Review - Great Family Tent
The Kodiak family tents can be used in all seasons be it Summer, Winter or Autumn. Other than the fact that the tent has sufficient space to accommodate a family of not more than six people, the tent is also made with a heavy-duty canvas that enables it to withstand any weather.
The tent is extremely easy to set up. Some of the special features that make this tent one of a kind compared to many other hunting tents are as exemplified below.
Anyone in need of a backpacking tent would have to look elsewhere because the Kodiak Canvas would not work due to its bulk state.
A few people have complained about the durability of the tent poles in some cases. In as much as countless people use this tent, there have not been complaints raised concerning the demerits of the tent.
The tent frames are made of steel and this can hold up for as long as one wishes to use this tent. It has a solid ceiling, floor, and wall that provides for adequate reinforcement against heavy rain or severe wind.
The setup process for the tent is easy or straightforward for even individuals unfamiliar with the manner in which the tent is supposed to be constructed. There is sufficient space within the tent that can allow up to six people to stay in the tent comfortably.
- The cotton duck Hydra-Shield canvas element of the tent makes it durable, watertight and it also allows for free air circulation within the tent thus enabling easy breathing while within the tent.
- The tent has two doors one at the front end of the tent and the other at the rear end of the tent. The two tents allow for quick entry and exit for its users. Besides, the zippers work perfectly allowing easy access.
- It has large windows that provide a good ventilation to allow up to six individuals to sleep inside the tent without gasping for air.
- The canvas has been treated to provide additional protection and its double fill design makes it durable.
- The special silicone dry finish developed as part of the tent helps in keeping its interior dry. Even in extreme rain, individuals hardly experience a leak and this keeps individuals protected.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Easy setup
- Not user friendly
The special silicone dry finish developed as part of the tent helps in keeping its interior dry. Even in extreme rain, individuals hardly experience a leak and this keeps individuals protected.
Geertop Backpacking Tent For Camping Hiking Travel Climbing Review - Best Portable Tent
Geertop is an excellent choice for any person who engages in consistent hunting activities that require constant movement from place to place.
The Geertop tent promotes outdoor activities or sports as it enables individuals to reconnect with nature.
Any person with this type of tent would enjoy a journey to any place of his or her choice without worrying about the problems that may arise due to the faulty state of the equipment used for camping.
Two ventilation windows allow free airflow within the tent. Two entry points are not only convenient but they help improve air circulation.
The tent has reflective windproof ropes as well as triangle aluminum tent pegs that provide good vision during the night so that individuals cannot trip over the ropes in the dark during the night.
It has built-in light hook and storage pocket. The mesh wall panels enhance thermal performance thus enabling individuals to use this tent during winter. The tent can be opened from either side as it has a two-sided zipper to allow easy movement.
- It is quick and much easier to set up. This is such that a single person can set up the tent in a few minutes time without needing any kind of assistance.
- An excellent tent that can be used in any season. It has a built-in snow skirt that makes it suitable for the snowy weather and a stay in a region that experiences cold temperatures. The tent is fitted with two large mesh ventilation panels that allow free air circulation within the tent. The ventilation panels also minimize condensation during warmer camping trip expeditions.
- The tent has been constructed with high quality materials that make it rain proof and still lightweight thus making it portable. The tent layers are double stitched to make the tents waterproof. The tent poles are made of strong aluminum making the tent more stable yet lightweight for easy movement from place to place.
- It is portable and lightweight with just 2.9 kilograms in weight.
- Perfect equipment that can be used for hunting, hiking and climbing during times of winter, spring, autumn, and summer. Ideally, the tent would keep you warm and dry even in the strongest rain or the coldest snow given the high quality materials found within the tent, stable aluminum poles and the flysheet built as part of the tent.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Adequate storage
- Well ventilated
- Complex setup
It is portable and lightweight with just 2.9 kilograms in weight.
Kodiak Canvas Truck Bed Tent Review - Best Truck Tent
The majority of people prefers Kodiak canvas truck bed tent because of its durability and strength.
In as much as this type of tent lasts for a prolonged duration, providing convenience and great sustenance for its users, the tent has a complicated setup.
A person would have to join forces with other people in an effort to set up the tent. Most people prefer using this tent during their hunting expeditions during winter.
Other people prefer using this type of tent during summer.
A single person may be able to set up the tent by following the instructions stipulated in the tent’s guiding manual.
After years of use, setting up the tent individually would become quite easy.
However, during the very first stages of striving to set up the tent single-handedly, it would take a person an estimated 2 hours just to get the tent up and ready for use.
The more one gets used to the setup process, the lesser time it would take for the person to set up the tent on his or her own.
- The tent is fitted with five windows that provide exceptional ventilation and openness. The windows can also provide individuals with easy access to the cab.
- The tent has a largely sized door with exceptional zippers that allow easy access to the tent. The tent is also fitted with gear pockets that can be used as a storage point for the tools that a person may require in his or her hunting expeditions.
- The steel tube frames are designed in such a way that it is easy to construct the tent on the car or mount the tent on the truck bed as a secure fit. In as much as this type of tent is fit to be used in all seasons, the tent cannot withstand heavy snow accumulations.
- The interior space of the tent is increased by a number of factors such as the tunnel shape of the tent, a ceiling that is five fit high, and the Tailgate down design.
- The cotton duck canvas or hydra shield material used in making the tent makes it watertight, breathable and durable. This type of tent can be fitted onto vehicles such as Nissan Titan, Dodge Ram, Toyota Tundra, GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, and the Ford F Series.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Easy setup
- Limited height
- Limited to a few cars
- Unreliable stitching
The tent is fitted with five windows that provide exceptional ventilation and openness. The windows can also provide individuals with easy access to the cab.
Dream House Outdoor All Season Heavy Duty Shade Pinnacle Tent Review
It should be noted that the Dream House Luxury tent is rainproof on its own.
- The tent is spacious enough to accommodate two twin-sized beds as well as one queen sized bed.
- The cotton canvas used in designing this tent has a 3000mm PU waterproof coating. The layers used in making the canvas surface is taped thus making the tent free from any form of leakage even during times of increased rain. Ideally, cotton shrinks when wet and this feature helps in improving the watertight status of the tent during periods of heavy downpour. On most occasions whenever the tent is used for the first time during a heavy rain, the tent may leak a little which is completely okay for this type of tent during the first periods of use. However, once the leakage occurs, the tent surface would shrink thus closing up any holes that may have caused the leakage in the first place. Once the holes close after the shrinking process is complete, the tent becomes impermeable to rain.
- The tent can be used in all four seasons. The tent is infused with an adjustable groundsheet that can be readily adjusted on the sides of the wall to suit the needs of the user more so during the summer season allowing the wind to pass beneath.
- The tent has a stove hole on the sidewall that enables a person to use a camping stove to warm up during winter.
- The doors and windows of the tent are fitted with meshes that help keep bugs away at any time of the day while out camping or hunting.
- The groundsheet is made of heavy duty PVC and one can easily clean the sheet with a duster or a cleaning rug.
- It has a matching bag that is used in packing the tent to enable its users to easily move from one party of the country to the other with much ease.
- The tent has been double stitched all round to make it durable or much more rainproof.
- Can withstand a wind speed of up to 30 miles per hour or a windstorm not heavier than 6 degrees.
- To ascertain to the proper maintenance of the tent, individuals are advised to always keep the tent in a dry and clean condition at all times.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Well ventilated
- Complex setup
- Plastic stench
- Slight leakage
The tent is spacious enough to accommodate two twin-sized beds as well as one queen sized bed.
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 4-Person Canvas Tent, Deluxe Review
The Kodiak Canvas Flex tent is best suited for any occasion, be it going out camping with family members or going out hunting with friends.
The tent’s structure reduces dampness and condensation. Even during a heavy downpour, when you touch the inside parts of the tent you would not feel any dampness.
The steel rods used in constructing the structure of the tent play the significant role of keeping the tent stable and strong. This is such that even during times of a heavy wind, the tent would still hold up.
The floor material of the tent is made of vinyl material with welded seams that help in keeping water out of the tent at all times.
The tent has an easy setup process such that even one person can build it up and it only takes a few minutes to get it built.
The wide room created after the tent is erected makes it easy for individuals to freely move around within the tent bringing comfort and great convenience even in cases whereby a person wishes to go out hunting with a friend.
Two doors give ease of access to individuals more so when the tent is used with more than one person.
- The tent is made of canvas material to make it much more resilient.
- The tent is fitted with four large windows that help improve lighting and ventilation within the tent.
- It has two large doors at the front and back of the tent to improve easy access to the tent.
- Airflow within the tent and temperature management is improved by the presence of two funnel flow vents that have been developed as part of the tent structure.
- The inside of the tent is quite spacious given the fact that the tent has a 6.1 inches ceiling height and a wide room that allows individuals to freely move from one part of the tent to another without much hustle.
- The tent has been made with hydra-shield material that makes it not only durable but also breathable and watertight to serve the different needs of its users during any season.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Plenty of room
- Easy setup
- Excellent ventilation
- Not freestanding
- Dry before packing
Airflow within the tent and temperature management is improved by the presence of two funnel flow vents that have been developed as part of the tent structure.
Kodiak Canvas 1-Person Canvas Swag Tent with Sleeping Pad Review - Best One Person Tent
The Kodiak Canvas Swag tent is highly adaptable, portable and a one person sleep system, which is a more advanced alternative to the traditional bedroll.
The additional elements that individuals would require to have a comfortable sleep include a sleeping bag or a blanket.
The width of this tent is roughly three feet; it is eight inches long, which provides sufficient sleeping space for a single person who is out camping or hunting for one reason or another.
This tent can be used either in the bed of a pickup truck or on the ground. In other instances, the tent can be used with a compatible cot.
The tent has an additional foam mattress pad that adds comfort to anyone who uses this type of tent.
When a person completes his or her activities in one place and decides that it is time to relocate to a new location you can pack up the tent in no time. Even if you might have a sleeping bag or separate blanket at the time, the packing process is still quite easy. All you need is to roll the sleeping material to get ready for the subsequent journey.
The tent is a grab and go type of accessory. One of the demerits of relying on this type of tent is in the fact that the tent material is too bulky to carry around as a backpack. However, with a vehicle, it becomes easy to move the tent from place to place allowing its users to sleep comfortably in whichever place they choose.
- You can easily unzip the top segment of the tent and roll it back to create a screen shelter that would enable a person to have a peaceful night sleep.
- The tent has sufficient room for a single occupant.
- It has a comfortable foam mattress pad that has a flannel cover as an additional element that increases the level of comfort experienced by users.
- Good temperature management and air circulation within the tent given the presence of a zip-opened window at the foot area of the tent and a second window at the head region of the tent.
- This tent is made with a cotton duck canvas or a Hydra-Shield material that makes it highly water resistant.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Easy setup
- Storage pockets
- Less spacious
- Not freestanding
- Not for very tall people
- A little bit expensive
The tent has a comfortable foam mattress pad that has a flannel cover as an additional element that increases the level of comfort experienced by users.
Danchel 4-Season Family Cotton Bell Review
This type of tents come in different sizes ranging from the ten feet sized tents to the twenty feet sized tents.
- The tent material is made of fabric with a 3000mm thickness that makes the tent waterproof on the surface. The floor of the tent is made of PVC material.
- The tent is suitable to be used in all four seasons. The cotton fabric material used in constructing the tent provides warmth during winter and a cool conditioning during summer. The fact that the window sleeves can be easily rolled up provides a cool breeze during summer.
- The tent has robust plating steel poles used as the central support system for the tent and as the frame poles at the door area and other supporting columns of the tent. The poles used in constructing the tent have been treated against rust or factors that bring about rusting on metals.
- The tent is fitted with a stove jacket on the rear end of the tent. Whenever the stove is not being used, the tent has a flap that can be used in covering the stove jacket. However, an alternative tent sold by the tent establishments has been fitted with two stove jackets to suit the individual needs of clients.
- The tent has a rainproof rubber cap. This element is a spare part of the tent that is usually fitted above the frame pole. The rainproof rubber cap helps in preventing water from leaking down the tent poles in case of a heavy downpour.
- Dozens of both short and long pegs are used in reinforcing the tent.
- As part of the packaging luggage for the tent, individuals are required to carry along a center pole and door pole, storage bag, instructions, spare parts, and the main cotton body. There is also the option of choosing an alternative longer peg or anti dirty pad mat from the stores during the time of making a purchase for the tent.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Easy setup
- Well ventilated
- Not waterproof
The tent has robust plating steel poles used as the central support system for the tent and as the frame poles at the door area and other supporting columns of the tent. The poles used in constructing the tent have been treated against rust or factors that bring rust on metals.
Guide Gear Teepee Tent 10x10 Review - Best Budget Tent
The design structure of the tent is one of a kind. The exceptional manner in which the tent is designed is one of the reasons that make the tent one of the most sought out for type of tent more so amongst individuals who wish to go out hunting as a group.
All you need to do is make sure that you strategically position your center pole at the right place on the surface and stake the guy-lines based on how the instructions on the manual stipulate. By doing so you would have completed your basecamp.
Even in adverse weather, individuals are able to enjoy the comfort of being inside the tent.
The manufacturers have properly sealed the tent seams to keep water that might leak into the tent during a rainy season away.
It also has weatherproof windows that provide individuals with a clear view of the events that go on outside the tent during times of extreme weather conditions.
The tent has also been designed in such a way that it has several open spaces that provide sufficient air circulation so that individuals do not suffocate while inside the tent.
Hence, to all people who might have the desire to go out hunting with friends or family but still wish to have an easy time out hunting, it is high time such groups of people choose the Guide Gear Teepee Tent as it serves the wide range of needs exhibited by the majority of consumers.
- The tent has a polyurethane waterproof coating.
- This tent is fitted with weatherproofed windows that provide individuals with a clear view of the events that occur outside the tent.
- The windows have internal shades for privacy.
- The floor is made of polyethylene thus enhancing the stability of the tent.
- The center pole used in constructing the tent make the setup process for the tent quite easy.
- The tent seams are properly sealed to help keep intruding insects and water away.
- The tent has ground air vents that improve air circulation within the tent.
- The tent can accommodate up to six people at the same time.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Easy setup
- Well ventilated
- Good view
- Small doors
- Inconvenient center pole
- Risk of tripping on the guy lines
The tent has a polyurethane waterproof coating.
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person Tent Review - Best Family Camping Tent
This type of tent is very spacious with a 6.6-inch tall ceiling that would allow individuals above 6 inches in height to move around freely within the tent without any tussle.
Anyone who might be in need of a tent with adequate ventilation the Kodiak Canvas 8 person tent has more than sufficient room and ventilation opening to make the inside of the quite very much breathable for anyone.
As long as individuals abide by the instructions provided by the tent manufacturers, the setup process and use of the tent would be easy.
You would be able to enjoy all the benefits that accrue with using this type of tent.
- The tent has two huge D shaped doors that feature large mesh windows that would provide individuals with sufficient ventilation once they are opened.
- The windows are fitted with a privacy mesh that would only allow users to see everything that occurs outside the tent and prevents any person from seeing what is going on inside the tent.
- During times of a heavy downpour and individuals are forced to seal their mesh windows to prevent water from seeping into the tent, the tent is fitted with additional funnel vents that would allow free airflow in and out of the tent making the tent conducive to stay inside.
- The tent has a wide base size of close to 6.6 inches with a weight of 79 pounds. Given the tent’s bulky state, it cannot be carried along as a backpack but rather the tent can only be moved from one place to the other on the trunk of a truck.
- The tent is of the highest quality for any individual who would be in need of a durable tent to use in all four seasons.
What We Like/What We Don't Like
- Funnel flow vents
- Hydra-shield protection
- Quality canvas
- Tall ceiling
- Large doors
- Complex setup
- Limited warranty period
The tent has a wide base size of close to 6.6 inches with a weight of 79 pounds.
Hunting Tent Comparison Chart
|Browning Camping Big Horn Family||2||34.75||Fiberglass||Browning Camping|
|Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 6-Person Canvas||6||72||Fiberglass & Steel||Kodiak Canvas|
|Geertop Backpacking Tent||2||5.71||Aluminium||Geertop|
|Kodiak Canvas Truck Bed||1-2||-||Steel||Kodiak Canvas|
|Dream House Outdoor All Season Heavy Duty Shade Pinnacle||4+||79||Steel||Dream House|
|Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 4-Person||4||54.4||Steel||Kodiak Canvas|
|Kodiak Canvas 1-Person||1||17.5||-||Kodiak Canvas
|Danchel 4-Season Family Cotton Bell||4||70||Steel||Danchel Outdoor|
|Guide Gear Teepee Tent||3-6||14.31||Steel||Guide Gear|
|Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person||8||84.65||Steel||Kodiak Canvas|
Hunting Tent Buying Guide
If you wish to have a good time out hunting or camping for that matter, it is important that you know how to choose the best camping tent or hunting tent.
The type of tent that you would choose would determine whether you would have a good time as part of your expedition or not.
However, it is important that people exercise caution in choosing a hunting tent online because the internet is overwhelmed with all manner of fraudulent sellers who claim to have the best brands in terms of the available hunting tents.
Nevertheless, the truth is that not all the people who claim to sell quality and modern day hunting tents actually have the kind of tents they purport to sell. Hence, it is important to carry out adequate research in a bid to select a perfect hunting tent that would suit the unique needs of a potential buyer.
Hunting tents come in various sizes, shapes, as well as materials. Regardless of a person’s hunting style several types of hunting tents available in the market today can suit the interests of a buyer.
Only after careful consideration would you be able to choose the tent that would fit your needs perfectly after all there is no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all hunting tent".
However, the following are some of the factors that people need to consider before making a purchase for a hunting tent:
1. Sleeping Capacity
Before making any purchase, it is important to consider the number of people expected to use the hunting tent.
Further, it is important to also consider the amount of hunting gear that would be kept within the tent during the hunting expedition. The sleeping capacity of the tent could also be referred to as the tent’s berth.
Therefore, the size of tent to be purchased would highly depend on the number of people bound to use the tent as well as the amount of additional gear that is to be kept inside the tent during hunting.
For example, two hunters can find enough room for themselves as well as their hunting gear a three-capacity tent without straining for a place to sleep or gasping for air due to congestion.
Based on the quantity of hunting gear individuals may carry with them at any given point in time, a two-person tent may not be the most suitable type of tent for any person to choose more so if the tent is to be used by two people.
These are some of the factors that people need to consider before making their purchase.
People who make poor choices at this stage in choosing a hunting tent would be forced to deal with the problem of overcrowding which can reduce the level of comfort enjoyed while within the tent.
The season during which a person may decide to go out hunting plays a very significant role in determining the type of camping gear that a person would purchase.
For instance, during summer it is always advised that individuals use a lighter tent gear that allows for proper air circulation within the tent thus allowing the tent users to stay cool even with the hot temperature around their camping area.
However, during winter, it is important that people invest more in acquiring better quality hunting tents that would be able to withstand adverse climatic conditions such as heavy snow weather. However, with an all season type of tent, individuals are able to enjoy the best in both worlds be it the extreme cold temperature seasons or the extreme hot temperature seasons.
Although the all season tents may be a better choice, acquiring these types of tents can be a bit more expensive compared to purchasing a summer tent.
Winter tents have funnel vents that help in improving air circulation within the tent. The tent material is much thicker thus enabling its users to stay warm even during the coldest times of the year.
Most of the tents that you would find being sold in the market have stove vents that help enhance ventilation within the tent.
The stove vents can be attached to a wood burning stove thus enabling people to stay warm while out hunting during winter.
3. Comfort Levels
The perfect tent that would suit a person’s needs can best be selected if a person considers the level of comfort attained by using a particular tent.
Other than the fact that hunting tents come in a variety of styles, these types of tents are considered much more comfortable than the average backpacking tents.
Even with it being that the hunting tents are considered less portable, these types of tents are more durable than the average backpacking tents.
The tunnel tents are good for use in areas that experience strong winds given its high degree of wind resistance.
However, the tunnel tents do not have the type of height one would enjoy from purchasing a full sized hunting tent.
A tunnel tent has to be extra long in order to enable a tall person using the tent to easily move around within the tent.
Padding is one of the features of a tent that need to be considered when looking for a hunting tent that would ascertain to increased comfort amid the users.
With a good bed pad, individuals would have an exceptional experience during their hunting expedition. The bed pad helps in keeping a person off the hard and ragged surface.
The level of comfort within a tent can be ascertained to with a cot that would keep one elevated off the ground. Staying raised off the ground helps in keeping the tent users away from crawling insects that might get into the tent when individuals sleep.
This feature increases the level of comfort enjoyed by the tent users. However, in order to have an exceptional camping experience it is vital to acquire both the bed pad as well as the cot to use during different occasions.
4. Weather Resistance
When going out to purchase a hunting tent it is important to always remember that the weather can change at any point without warning.
As such, it is only reasonable that individuals choose a hunting tent that can withstand any kind of weather.
In fact, at present, the people who make tents factor in the truth that the majority of people in the surrounding prefer all weather canvas tents.
Consequently, the majority of tents being manufactured today are fitted with a additional coating layer that helps in minimizing the adverse effects of unwanted moisture when camping.
A tent with an added coating layer is ideal for any person who opts to have a proficient hunting experience even in situations whereby the weather changes to severe cold or rain.
5. Canvas Type
Hunting tents are made using a variety of canvas materials. Only the canvas tents that are 100% cotton would enable individuals to experience adequate air circulation within the tent thus increasing breathability for the tent users.
A thick cotton canvas would withstand years of use with very minimal tear and wear.
Nonetheless, one can measure the quality of a canvas by looking at the canva’s degree of resistance against tear and wear.
In selecting a tent based on its canvas type it is vital to consider the thickness of the canvas as well. Nonetheless, a thicker canvas would mean an individual would be required to pay more in acquiring the hunting tent and vice versa. It should be noted that a thicker canvas carries more weight.
Although the cotton tent alternatives are not as strong as the canvas tents, tents made of other materials other than cotton have particular benefits that are worth mentioning to the potential buyers. Particular tents made of polyesters can serve the needs of users for a prolonged duration given the fact that the polyester used in making some of these tents is 100% mold resistant.
If cotton made tent is not properly stored or kept out in the wild for a prolonged duration with poor maintenance the cotton tent can grow molds.
Fortunately, as time goes by manufacturers are coming up with more exceptional types of canvas technology used in developing durable hunting tents. The thickness of the canvas tent would depend on how long one intends to erect the tent.
This is such that if the tent is to be erected to be used for a prolonged period then the thicker the size of the canvas tent would be and vice versa.
This is because if individuals fail to abide by the rule as outlined in the statement as stipulated above then their use of the hunting tent would be short-lived.
A flimsy hunting tent can be shuttered to pieces by just a single storm.
6. Pole Material
The materials used in making tent poles differ from tent to tent. In as much as most people would prefer hunting tents with fiberglass poles because of the fact that they are light and easily portable, the truth is that hunting tents with these types of poles cannot withstand harsh wind conditions experienced in some regions.
However, for people who would be on constant movement from one place to another for one reason or another, tents made of the fiberglass pole would be the best option.
This is because a lighter tent would reduce the level of fatigue experienced by a hunter when moving from one hunting location to another. However, individuals who might be in need of a professional hunting tent to serve their every need, tents with steel poles are the best to purchase.
In such a case, even if a person would be required to bear with increased weight when transporting the tent from one place to another depending on an individual’s chosen hunting ground, hunting tents with steel poles have a higher resistance to extreme wind and heavy rains that might ruin the tent while in use.
If possible, individuals should always seek hunting tents with poles that have some form of protection against the adverse effects of moisture.
Nonetheless, more and more manufacturers are striving to make sure that they develop tent poles that are not only light but also stronger and durable.
Some hunting tents sold in the market today do not have poles. Instead of tent poles individuals are provided with measurements for PVC material that they can acquire from local hardware stores to be used as a supporting element for the tent.
In as much as, choosing these types of tents would enable a person to save a lot of money a person who purchases this type of tent would have to branch to a local hardware store to purchase the PVC material before putting up the hunting tent.
The ease with which the tent can be moved from one point to another is a huge factor to think about before making an order for a hunting tent or purchasing a hunting tent.
Unfortunately, tent manufacturers have not yet come up with a viable hunting backpack that can accommodate the large hunting tents that exist today.
Some of the factors that individuals need to consider before making a purchase is the duration of time they would be required to carry their tent from place to place while hunting, the number of times they would be required to move the tent in every trip, the type of vehicle they would use in moving the tent and if the chosen vehicle would be able to move the tent to the chosen camping spot. If all these factors are looked into properly then individuals would be able to select a tent that would suit their interests.
There are those who would find a full sized truck bed tent preferable as it not only provides users with ease of maneuvering from one location to another but it also provides individuals with protection from elements such as crawling insects and extreme weather.
The only additional component that individuals would be required to have when one decides to use this type of tent is a truck to fit with this type of tent.
It is common to find most tents designed in the khaki and traditional belge colors.
Most hunting tents that are being manufactured today come in assorted color camouflage versions.
The camouflage colored hunting tents provides individuals with an added advantage while in the wild to help them hide from predators. The camouflage version tents help hide the fact that there might be someone camping at a particular locality thus preventing intruders from interfering with a person’s place of stay during hunting.
On certain occasions people use these types of tents as hunting blinds to help them hunt their game from a hidden location.
The camouflage element can help you avert the danger of ending up as the meal of the wild animals individuals are bound to come across during their hunting expeditions.
Nevertheless, people who plan to venture out in areas that might be regarded dangerous to occupy people should consider purchasing brightly colored tents.
A brightly colored tent would be easier to spot by any person in the event that the hunting party may be lost of injured for one reason or another.
This element makes it easier for people to venture in unknown locations where they could like to carry out their hunting activities.
When thinking about the number of windows that you would wish to have as part of your tent, it is important to consider several factors as would be outlined below.
For one, individuals need to take into account the time of the year when they wish to go out hunting or camping.
This is such that if a person goes out hunting during winter he or she would not require a tent with a full 360-degree view window.
When hunting during summer a tent with a full 360 degree view would be the best option for any person to purchase.
Trail cameras can come in handy for any person who wishes to have a clear view of the surrounding campsite area as a form of protection against any form of attack instigated by animals or other human beings.
When hunting during the hot summer period, there is need for additional ventilation systems that would help keep the inside of the tent cool or easy to stay inside.
Before acquiring any hunting tent, it is important to examine the types of zippers incorporated as part of the tent.
You should make sure that the types of zippers used in developing the tent are of the highest quality.
Secondly, you need to ensure that the zippers used on the tent do not make a lot of noise when they are in use. In any case, a loud zipper would always spook any game that may be found around your camping area thus making it very difficult for you to find another game in due time to have an exceptional hunting experience.
Quality zippers would also guarantee the durability of the tent. Poor quality zippers would easily get jammed or stuck.
You can just imagine what might happen to you in a situation whereby a zipper breaks during a heavy rain or snow.
In such extreme cases, people may be forced to call off their hunting expedition to be conducted at a later date and no person wishes for such an occurrence to transpire.
Hunting tents come in a range of mesh styles to suit the different consumer tastes and preferences.
Most people would find the No-see-um types of mesh more preferable as it helps in ascertaining to individuals privacy when out camping in the wild while at the same time enabling consumers to have an exceptional view of the events that go on outside the tent.
The translucent types of tent mesh help people avoid the pain and fatigue of always having to close the window whenever they require privacy from within the tent.
Moreover, you also need to consider a tent with a mesh that is resistant to tear and wear. Mesh windows are often situated in places where they are prone to tear and wear.
It is precisely for the reason as outlined above that people should always insist on a high quality mesh that is highly resistant to damage.
The other thing that people need to consider before making a purchase for a tent is the width of the mesh windows.
You should always remember that a good mesh would have fine holes that would allow breeze to flow into the tent and prevent insects from getting into the tent.
The right tent would prevent insects from getting into the tent and still allow a cool breeze to flow into the tent.
12. Warranty Length
When purchasing a hunting tent you should make sure that the tent has a warranty. A warranty would help you a great deal in protecting your asset.
It is also a guarantee that the product that you might be purchasing is made in such a way that it can last for a prolonged duration while in use. The stipulated length of the warranty plays a significant role in helping a potential buyer to determine the general quality of the hunting tent that he or she intends to buy.
All better quality hunting tents have some sought of warranty that individuals are provided with once they purchase the tent.
The duration of the warranty however would vary from company to company with some companies issuing a warranty that lasts for an estimated 30 day period and other establishments providing their clients with a yearlong warranty period for the tents purchased by consumers.
If you make the mistake of buying a tent that has no warranty then you face the risk of going at a loss if the tent is to be damaged unintentionally or due to the severe nature of the weather in the region you would have gone camping.
In such a case, you would not have any other option other than to find the cash to purchase an alternative tent if you wish to continue you hunting expedition.
Nobody would wish to go through such an ordeal. Therefore, one way through which you could guard against such an incident from ever occurring in your life is to make sure that you buy a hunting tent with a warranty.
In fact, the longer the warranty of the tent the better the quality of the product you opt to purchase.
In addition a tent with a lifetime warranty is a clear indication to the fact that the tent is constructed from long lasting materials that will serve you for many years down the line.
The amount of cash that you have with you is a huge factor that can help determine the type of hunting tent that you would purchase.
The hunting tents made of canvas vary a great deal in terms of their prices. This is such that individuals who would require a professional tent would be required to pay up more than 500 dollars for the tent while the non-professional type of tent would go for between 100-500 dollars depending on the quality of the tent.
Hence, before going to purchase a hunting tent make sure that you consider your budget and your level of experience in the hunting profession.
For individuals who are new to the hunting activities it is advised that such groups of people do not invest so much in acquiring different hunting gear until they are certain that they would love to continue hunting as a sport or a hobby.
This is because you might purchase an expensive hunting tent only to use it for a short duration let’s say a day then divert to a different hobby that would not require the use of the tent.
The truth is that the majority of people use their tents less than 5 times every year.
People who use their tents less frequently who do well with a less expensive tent as they would not be requiring their tents as much as individuals who have taken up hunting as a lifetime commitment.
It is also important to consider additional gear a person would require to effectively execute hunting activities.
If you wish to stay for a longer period out hunting then it is imperative to acquire a higher priced tent.
Most canvas tents are designed in such a manner that they can withstand different kinds of climatic conditions regardless of how long the tent is kept out in open space.
The more durable hunting tents are the most expensive types of tents available in the market due to the long-lasting nature of these types of tents.
14. Stake Quality
It is important to consider the nature of the ground you intend to camp on as this would help you determine the type of tent that would work well for you in your chosen area of hunting.
This would help in determining the quality of stake that you would require to suit your interests. In a case where you would be required to hunt in an area with thick grounding or a rocky locality, then it would be vital to purchase a tent with high quality steel tent stakes.
In as much as high quality stakes may be expensive to acquire in such a case, the truth is that if you fail to purchase the required stakes but instead purchase lower quality stakes then you face the risk of watching you tent crumble or blow away in case of extreme weather.
Therefore, quality staff is worth every penny if you wish to avert any forms of disappointment while out hunting.
However, if you decide to hunt in an area that does not have a harsh climate or harsh grounding then you will be able to save a great deal of money in acquiring a tent that would serve your needs during the short duration you will be out hunting.
Plastic stakes are lighter thus they can easily float when dropped on water. However, the plastic stakes would not be suitable when it comes to piercing hard terrains to put up the tent.
Hence, it is essential that people consider the terrain of the area they wish to go hunt for different types of game before making a decision on the most suitable tent to serve their needs.
Presently, there is a high demand for reduced cost types of tents.
Subsequently, manufacturers are coming up with different kinds of pocket friendly hunting tents that may not be exactly what some people may require for their hunting expeditions.
One way to avoid ending up with a less suitable equipment is through making certain that you stick to a single renowned manufacturer at all times.
Do not risk ruining your hunting trip just because you wish to save a few dollars by purchasing a poor quality tent from the new manufacturers of reduced quality tent products.
Nevertheless, ensure that there is a perfect balance between cost and quality at all times.
The game that you hunt is equally as important as the location in which you carry out your hunting activities.
If your chosen hunting ground is often characterized by harsh climatic conditions then you would not have any other option other than invest in a heavier, high quality canvas tent that would be able to withstand the climatic transformations within such a region.
If you prefer using the tents that are purchased without poles you can use a thick electric conduit in creating a permanent structure more so in situations whereby you wish to stay in a particular area for prolonged duration hunting.
Thick electric conduits help in reinforcing the tent structure to make it withstand any kind of weather be it strong wind or a heavy rainfall.
It is important to remember that the choices that we make prior to purchasing a hunting tent would go a long way in determining whether we would acquire value for our money after making the purchase.
How Do You Get Rid Of Dew That May Accumulate Within The Tent?
Once mildew gets stuck inside your tent it would remain as part of your tent until you decide to get rid of the dew through the advised proper procedures.
There are two options involved when it comes to getting rid of mildew. For one, people have the option of killing the mildew to prevent it from spreading further.
The second procedure would involve bleaching the area covered by the mildew so that it could not taint the surface of the tent to make it an ugly thing. If precaution is not taken in due time in such a case then the tent surface would slowly wear off thus leading to a leakage in the areas affected by mildew.
If this happens to you while you are out hunting and you may require a quick fix then you can use an ISSO Mildew and Stain Remover.
You will be required to scrub the infected areas using the chemical to do away with the mildew and any remnant residues on the tent surface.
After the cleansing process is completed, you can allow the tent surface scrubbed with the chemical to dry for a few minutes as instructed on the can label then you can rinse the tent with clean water and let it dry in the sun.
After getting rid of the mildew, you would require waterproofing or a rain fly to prevent water from seeping into the tent when it rains.
How Do I Fix A Burn Hole On My Tent?
One way through which you could fix a burn hole on your tent is by sewing a patch over the affected area.
However, it is important to fix a burn promptly before things escalate to a point it might be difficult to salvage your tent.
Alternatively, you could carry along a patch kit to use in any case you are forced to close up small holes on the tent.
Which Pole System Would you Recommend as the Best Type for a Person who Intends to Purchase a Hunting Tent?
Some people prefer the internal frame types of pole while other people prefer the traditional poles much better.
Whichever pole one may decide to choose all tent poles have their pros and cons. Nevertheless, the type of tent pole you would choose would depend on your taste and preference as well as the manner in which you intend to use the hunting tent. If in any case you intend to use a hunting tent for a prolonged duration then a tent with a frame pole would be the best choice or the one made of steel. Conversely, those who intend to use their tents for a short while can purchase tents with plastic poles.
What Size of Tent Should I Buy?
The size of tent that you should buy would depend on the number of people you intend to stay in the tent. More people would mean acquiring a bigger sized tent.
What Can I Use To Clean My Tent?
You can clean your tent using a soft bristle brush with mild soap.
What Is A Colorado Door?
This is a door with a combination of both a flap and a zipper. This type of door has additional buckles on the flap to help hold the tent door in place at all times.
When it comes to choosing a hunting tent that would enable a person have an exceptional hunting experience, individuals tastes and preferences matter a great deal.
While some people would prefer a tent that would provide them with a great level of comfort regardless of its cost other people prefer acquiring a tent that they can afford.
At the end of the day, what is important is finding a tent that fulfills your every need and one that would enable you to enjoy the benefits of going out to whichever place of your choice to hunt for your game.
What matters is the level of convenience that comes with using a particular hunting tent. Actually, the current market with all manner of hunting tents that buyers can choose from.
Therefore, you need to exercise great caution when buying a hunting tent because you might end up with a faulty tent without any warranty.
You might be interested in other hunting gear: